How long can you have irregular contractions for before they turn regular? adult content

Probably a stupid question, but I'm pretty sure I have been having irregular contractions since yesterday, they feel stronger today but still irregular. It feels like I'm about to start my period with cramps. How long can they be irregular for? (I'm 38 1/2 weeks)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Months..LOL It really did last a month is a half with my last child. It was like never ending begining labor. Sorry!
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 9:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• They would last at least a couple of weeks for me. By the time it was the real thing I was still doubting it! I finally decided to go in and was 9 1/2 cm!! I knew I needed checked and I was finally getting close - just didn't know it was THAT close!

Anyway, they are REALLY annoying and you may not even be dilating yet. That is the worst part of it - that it seems to do nothing to progress you!

Congratulations!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Lasted months for me. My baby is a month old now. Gosh it was a horrible pregnancy! I had to be induced. I just kept contracting and contracting, barely dilated at all until I was induced. And I had irregular contractions every day that started at 29 weeks. She was born the day before my due date.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 9:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Months, weeks, days, hours .. It depends on your body.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2010