Have you lost weight drinking water?

I was told that drinking water, (8 cups a day or more), helps your complexion and helps you lose weight. I know there are alot of you out there who have successfully lost alot of weight. Did drinking water have anything to do with it?

momof3josephs

Asked by momof3josephs at 9:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• it helps.
    it will fill you up if you drink some before you eat.
    if you're dehydrated, sometimes your body will think you are hungry.

if you replace other liquids with it, then you're saving those calories...
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• oh yes! that was the first thing i did when loosing weight. i used to drink raspberry snapples all day every day... changed that to drinking only water (the occasional diet snapple & a light beer sometimes). i take mega-t green tea pills too, and you have to drink a full glass of water with each one you take (2 a day), and when i work out, i drink alot of water too.. so yeah, i think that definatly had something to do with it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It can help you to lose weight, but it won't do it on it's own. You'll still have to exercise and keep a healthy diet.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It helps for so many reasons. But as far as weight loss, it helps by filling you up more. Sometimes people think they are hungry when really they are just thirsty and drinking lots of water will keep you from reaching for food when you really aren't needing any.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Absolutely! Everything about my weight, skin hair etc.. changed when I stopped drinking pop and only drank water.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• yes
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 12:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes!! after I had my third child, I weighed almost 300... I am only 5'2! Me and DH would go thru a 24 pack of soda a day. I stopped drinking soda and drank only water and green tea, mostly Propel water tho. I would have one can or small bottle of soda a week, but after awhile I didn't even care for it. I went down to 190 in like a month, maybe a month and a half. I plateaued there for about a year, and started the same thing and wen't down to 160. Now I have started taking Diet Magic, it's absolutely awesome!! You can check out my journals if you want my updates on it! I am hoping to get back down to 120'ish
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010