I want to lose 20lbs, but what kind of diet and excercise should I go on?

I'm 5'5", 160lbs and a size 9/10 in pants but I'm not sure what kind of healthy diet I should go on or what exercise to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• thats funny... im 5'5 and after i had my son, 2 weeks later i ended up weighing 160 lbs and i was a size 13 but then not long after got down to a size 9. so anyway, for the past few months ive been doing the biggest loser dvds (cardio max, last chance, weight loss yoga) & just a month ago i joined a gym, sometimes i go jogging.. and i take mega-t green tea pills and to give you an example of a good diet, this is what i ate today: breakfast: 3 egg omlette (1 whole egg, 2 egg whites) w/ mozz cheese cooked with nonfat butter spray, lunch: special k protein bar, dinner: baked chicken thighs (adobo), with a salad, snack: banana. i drink lots of water but occasionally drink a diet snapple, wine or budlight.
    it took me 3 months to loose almost 30 pounds. i weighed myself today and i weigh 134!
    GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• oh & oops i forgot something. i ate a bowl of watermelon with my omlette for breakfast.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Count your calories! It's the best way to keep track of what you are eating and how I have mantained my weight for years. i also run 5 days a week and do pilates. Find what works best for your body but I guarentee keepting track of what you eat works. GL!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yeah, counting your calories and working out 6 days a week will definitely get the pounds down. I counted my calories at  http://www.everydayhealth.com  and it adds everything up for you....lots of different brands of foods are already in their system.  Check it out!  Oh and I did Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism....I'm down to 113lbs from 135lbs.  Good luck!

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I used/still use Isagenix. There is more info here -

http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

Feel free to message me here or email me if you have any questions. My contact info is on the blog.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 7:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I use Juice Plus capsules and meal replacement shake every day. I've lost 19 lbs
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 12:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• use an online calculator to figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose weight.
    then eat as clean as possible.
    eat everything as close to nature as possible.

now for the important part WEIGH YOUR FOOD AND TRACK CALORIES.
    if you guess, you won't lose.
    you can essentially eat anything you want .. as long as you have the calories. you learn to eat better and get the most food for your alloted calories.

mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2010