How do I get over my engagement when David's Bridal keep sending me books.

I called my wedding off and now I feel bad because they sent me a book. I have'nt told my family about this they are still planning. They have'nt brought any thing, but I think they suspect something just have'nt said anything to me. But his family knows we are not getting married. I have'nt told them because I ma not ready yet.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 9:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with pp, call them and tell them to stop. If you are confident in your decision I am sure you will tell your family when it is right, for now just take time to deal with it on your own.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• For goodness sake grow up and tell your family before they waste anymore of their time, money, or emotion on this wedding. It's okay for him and his family to suffer, but you want to play games with yourself and everyone else? Sounds like you don't really want to move on. David's will stop sending if you tell them to - there is most likely a number in the inside front pages. Meanwhile, it's a good thing you called off the wedding if you're not mature enough to take responsibility for your choices. Allow yourself to move on by closing this chapter.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Call the David Bridal hotline and tell them you would appreciate if they would stop contacting you via mail because of your situation. I hope everything works out for you.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 9:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• the faster you tell them the faster you can start getting over it. and i would tell them to take you off of their list and stop sending you stuff.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Ask them politely to take your name off of their list. I tried this with a company and it didn't work, so I had to send a snail mail letter.

Answer by Bmat at 9:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Just tell David's to stop and they will

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Contact them and let them know you would no longer want to receive anymore mail from them.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You need to own the choice, and that includes telling your family. As for things sent in the mail, you choose how you respond.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2010