How heavy does a period need to be in order to take clomid? adult content

Well, I have been having irregular periods and it is unual for me because I normally have every month. Ever since my boyfriend and I started to ttc out sec. it has became irregular. So about 2 and half weeks ago, my doctor put me on medroxyprogestrone to induce my period, since it didn't come for about 4 months. Well yesterday my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and as I went to the bathroom to wash up and pee, I wiped and saw pink and little tiny red dots. As I continue to go to the bathroom it is on and off and then today a slightly bigger clot came out but bleeding was still at the pink range. Sometimes when I wipe there is nothing. So I consider this as a period and I do feel cramping but not bad enough that I can't stand it. So tomorrow I will be taking my first clomid pill.

caleb2008

Asked by caleb2008 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• call your doctor bfore you take it.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• usually a period is considered when you have to use a pad or tampon...also if you are thinking you are about to have a period dont take clomid..it will mess you up for trying the cycle and you are just wasting the meds...someones you can have a period or two that are funny once you start taking the actual drug for your period. you will only take clomid on certain cycle days after you have already started your period...its so confusing i know i took clomid and metformin and another drug for over a year! Since you are just starting out it will take you a month or so before you get things down pat...but i had the period prob back to back took my meds and wasted them! Lol if you are thinking that you are gonna have your cycle just wait until its over and take the clomid on the suggested days! Good luck if you have any more questions im sure i could help just message me!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Thanks and well it seems like a period to me but not as heavy. Its one of those light periods, when I wipe I see the pink and little clots not to big, only had one big one but wasn't bloody or anything. My doctor had told to to take it on day 3 through 7 of my period. All this period issue is really getting to me and my boyfriend. He really wants another or two lol, but yess I told him we can only wait, try and see. We had a first actually bond over this, because he isnt the type to open up much only when hes really upset about some thing but he said he wants to fill in the emptiness and I cried. Then we got to talking about our 2 yr old and how fast he's growing and how others younger then him already have siblings, the pain I felt in my heart. So I hope this works out.
    caleb2008

Comment by caleb2008 (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You need to be in full normal flow not spotting. My doctor had me come in before starting my clomid on the 2 or 3rd day of my menstrual cycle at that time I had an ultrasound while bleeding then he determined if and when I should start.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 3:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010