My son..

My daughters name is Hailey Ann
ANd everytime she gets in trouble my husband always says HAILEY ANN this or that..

SO my son is now yelling at my dogs saying Missy Ann, Rufus Ann I've tried to tell him that its not there name only Haileys and as I'm trying to explain it to him I give my name as an example Mommy Ann.. so now he thinks all girls names have ann added to it...

Its kind of funny but i need to get advice how to cut it out

Brittyt4you_

Asked by Brittyt4you_ at 9:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• hehe that's cute ;) I'm not much help though LOL my middle name is Ann anyways

IDK maybe call him "his name Ann" especially if he knows that's not his name
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• does he know his middle name? if he does start saying ann for his middle name instead....he may say "hey thats not my name" btw my daughters middle name is ann also
    blrusso

Answer by blrusso at 9:45 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Its kinda funny because my daughter was named after me and me after my mother and so on
    And with my husband we name my son after him (the middle name) and his father and his fathe
    So really everyone in the famiily is either Ann for the girls or Tobias for the boys. So its really confusing. Today he called his karate instruter Mr. lopez ann sir
    Brittyt4you_

Comment by Brittyt4you_ (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• my dog was named brian gene.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I dont think it helps that we call our pets by our last name as well
    Brittyt4you_

Comment by Brittyt4you_ (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i dont know what to tell you but it is cute
    Prayingforbaby1

Answer by Prayingforbaby1 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• lol normal I know my DD likes to call my son Devin Bobbie-May....her name is Emma Bobbie-May You just have to remind them that not all people have the same name like my son is Devin Matthew. It takes time they will get it adventually.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:03 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My daughter used to make up names for people she didn't know. I explained to her that she can't do that, that they have names and might not like being called a different name and asked how she would like to be called something other then her name. She hates being called anything other then her name so it worked.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 2:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I think maybe he's doing it to get a reaction out of you. I'd maybe just ignore it and he'll stop.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 7:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• He will grow out of it.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2010