How do I get my son to stop biting?

He has 5 kids today( im embrassed to say that, but its true). This has been going on for a week now. It came outta nowhere. We have tried biting him back,yelling at him,talking nicely,asking him why he did it,talking to him about it,taking his toys away,putting him to bed. I have lost 2 differnt sets of friends bc he has bitten their child. I honestly am at my wits end. I dont know what to do. We have tried everything! Pls Pls help me!! He starts school in a month and Im so afraid that they will kick him out bc he wont stop biting kids.( and there isnt anything wrong with him)

ffirsttimemommy

Asked by ffirsttimemommy at 10:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• oh my gosh....I am sorry I have no idea, but I would like to see what everyone else says. My DD does this not so much to anyone else, but her sister that is 5. The one biting is 2.5 and has been doing this since she was 18 months old and I have tried everything and I do mean everyyyyyy thing and I cannot figure out what else to do for her to stop biting.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• thank you..i hope I get some good feedback..Im going a little nuts. btw my son is 3
    ffirsttimemommy

Comment by ffirsttimemommy (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I have tried biting back and it does work. What sometimes works is acting real mean and angry and saying how you are going to bite them so hard...build it up, it's pshycological warfare! Open up real wide and move very slow towards them. At this point they should get the picture but if not then bite them real slow until they react. Wait a moment to stop. It's harsh I know but it works...give a taste of their own medicine.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• BLUDOG biting back doesn't always work. I have bit my 2.5 year old several times for biting I would bit her hard enough for her to it hurt I have been doing that since she started biting at 18 months and sadly to say I think that was a mistake cause she does it more now that I done it.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 1, 2010