14 month old with fever 103

my 14 month old had a fever of 103... he had a slight fever all day but it just recently went up an hour ago.. already brought him to the hospital... my boyfriend is with him because i have a newborn at home... might be from teething because he has the other symptoms of teething... but he also had diarreah, and he started not wanting to drink any liquids either.. barely got him to eat yogurt. I am afraid he might have meningitis? because i am late on his shots... 2 months late on them. :( Could that be possible?

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 10:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He;s at the hospital he's in good hands. Good for you not keeping the newborn in the ER! He probably just teething diarrhea is a symptom of teething. Keep tylenol and the overnight oragel on you 24/7. THe over night one is stonger pain killer but still ok to use. My son was late on shots too but from health reasons and never had anything bad happen bc of it. let me know how your baby is later on and good luck
    Brittyt4you_

Answer by Brittyt4you_ at 10:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Normally anything 103 and higher is a sign of some type of infection.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 10:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2010