my 5 year old wants to do ballet

I think she would love it cause she loves to dance, but does anyone know howmuch it costs and what you have to buy?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I found a website for a dance studio in Akron, Ohio. For a beginning ballet class, it looks like it will be $40 a month.

http://www.diannadurkindance.com/rates.htm

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Sorry I also forgot to add that leotards, tights, and the appropriate shoes are required for her classes. But I found leotards for $8 a piece at walmart, tights for $4, and I went to payless for her ballet and tap shoes ($15 and $20).. pretty reasonable
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• it varies by where you live. look in the phone book (or online LOL) and call around to specific dance studios near you.

supplies - generally leotard, tights, shoes, and a skirt/wrap. Then costume for recital.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• For a 5 year old at my daughters school, it would probably be combination class ballet/tap. Which would cost about $35 a month. She would need the shoes, tights, and leotard or whatever ballet outfit she would want to wear. You would also have to pay for costurmes for the recital, which is about $60 each and tickets for the recital which are $10 each. My daughter started when she was 4 and is still very into it at 14 years old. It does get more exspensive as they get older.
    prettybaby1

Answer by prettybaby1 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My kids go to my friend's dance studio now, but before that we went to classes at the rec center and there were very reasonable. What we pay now isn't too bad either, but they are in an older kids combo class with tap, ballet, jazz, and hip hop. It's and hour and 15 min per week and costs us about $50 per month.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

Hey thank you so much
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It depends on where you live and what dance school/classes you opt to enroll her. Even what's required is going to vary wildly. The dance school my daughter went to for a year required a specific leotard just for classes (well it was a specific color.) We also had to by tights and shoes for both ballet and tap. We had our monthly class fee which I think was about $40. Then there was the recital fee - costume, make-up (it had to be THIS lipstick not that one) hair piece, not to mention tickets. On the other hand, our community college offers dance classes inexpensively now that DD's older. ;)

Look around. Make calls in the area. Check the park's department and the area colleges if there are some too.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 6:22 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i did ballet i liked it but it varies upon area. mine was like 80 amonth (i think) but i did 2 diff. types of dance...
    tayseansmom7505

Answer by tayseansmom7505 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Check at a dance studio where you are locally. They will give you all the information. I think at the very least she needs to have tights, a leotard & ballet shoes. There are also programs at the Y & places like that.
    Miss2010

Answer by Miss2010 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010