what can i do to make it not burn when i pee?

i gave birth 5 days ago and i tore really badly. they sewed up my tears but it burns like hell to pee. so much so that i will only let a little out and stop myself, then go back later. it's beyond painful. i can't get into the shower to pee every time i have to cause we are i no shape to be wasting hot water. how do i stop the burning so i can actually empty my bladder completely at once?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Health

• cold water in that squirt bottle that they should have given you to take home!

it says use warm water, but I used cold while peeing then rinsed with the warm water.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I would get a squirt bottle and fill it with warm water...use that while you go ...spray it on yourself....but make sure everything is super clean.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i left the squirt bottle at the hospital
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Even with the squirt bottle, its just gonna sting hon. But each day it will get easier, I feel your pain,,,,:(
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Tell hubby to get in the car and go get it,,,hospitals are open 24/7
    beyondhopes

• I was going to say a cool water squirt bottle .... but PP's beat me to it!! I know I loved the ones they gave me after both kids were born!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• you can use any squirt bottle similar to that - even wash out one of those sports bottle drinks from the store.

or you can use a cup and just pour the water on.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• They gave me soft gel compresses when I went home that I would sit on. I had to break them (kinda like those glow necklaces you get at the fair) then they would cool down and everything was numb.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• what if you cleaned out a dish detergent bottle (like Dawn) and use that... just get all the soap out of it first??

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• did they give you a sitz bath? I heard they work wonders!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010