Surprise party food?

I'm having barbecue sandwiches and chips and cheese dip for my dh surprise party tomorrow. And of course cake. What else should I have?

Asked by mykidsmommy at 7:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Potato Salad! IMO a party isn't complete without potato salad lol. Then again, it is one of my favorites :-)

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• maybe a veggie tray?

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I would say some Veggies and Fruit.... and maybe a salad.... Potato Salad goes good with pulled pork sandwiches....

You want to offer people some variety and have some things to balance out the sandwiches and chips w/ cheese dip

Answer by tocreatefire at 9:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Is there a theme? If there is, Google your theme and add food to the end. (Western Food, Hawaiian Food, etc.) You'd be surprised what is out there. :)

Finger foods are always the best b/c you don't have to worry about utensils. You'll need some forks for the cake, but if you stick with a veggie/fruit/cheese tray, chips and dip, and sandwiches, that's all the utensils you'll need.

I also recommend ice breaker games. You can get cheesy prizes from the dollar store, or if you want to go all out, gift cards from popular places.

Answer by AndrisMom at 10:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2008