tell me about your first car...crappiest car gets best answer!

My first car was a 1970 Cadillac SedanDeVille and it was bright Turqouise inside and out...hey we're Italian what can I say. Every one of my buddies could fit in that car and did on Friday nights!!! When I finally totalled it-it had a permanent smell of weed inside.

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 11:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• an army retired, 1970, army green, Ford, Galaxy 500, automatic, V8 with a 351 windsor. i was 16 when i bought it for $200 at an government auto auction. with my dad at the helm... i learned how to change the oil, transmission fluid, changed the starter out with a rebuilt starter, jack with the carb. replace all the lines, tubes, etc. changing tires became a quick process for me. back then $5 worth of gas would last me all week! everyone in H.S. knew me by my army green galaxy! sturdy car that toted at least 7 friends at a time! was a fun party car! that car may have looked like a run-of-the-mill sedan...but, that baby could get up and run!
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 11:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• mine was a 85 ford escort.... everytime i went to work it would stall at a stop sign... right by where i worked! it was soo embarrassin... and it took 10 minutes to get it started again! ugh.. i will never make my kids drive a car like that! LOL.. Oh and it was faded maroon with red interior...
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 11:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• an old beat up Plymouth Horizon with peeling paint because for whatever reason ALL white ones of that peeled because of the crappy paint, it was covered in rust spots because of it LOL
    Really sucked because it wasn't like I could get away with anything in it because the rust made it stand out "why'd I see you at BLAH when it was a school day?" ;o) oops!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• A 1980 Dodge Dakota. :-) Man, I loved that truck!
    He was a cream color but his title thing said white. I could have washed him, but I was afraid it would break him. Maybe, the dirt was holding him together!
    The driver side door lock didn't work. If you locked it, you had to take the panel off to get it unlocked. The thing on the passenger side door that you unlock with was broke. So, no locking Speedy!
    His driver side seat belt was a blue lap belt from an old car. Duct taped to the metal behind the seat, only there for looks so as to not get a ticket for not being buckled. He had a permanent "old man-grease" smell.
    His transmission was messed up. He was automatic, but had to start in 1st, slowly move to 2nd then drive. Wouldn't go faster than 25 and that was pushing it (hence, the name Speedy!).
    There was also a hole in the bed leading to the gas tank that let water in if it wasn't sealed good every time it rained. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• how bout a Bel-Air station wagon in peacock blue. I called her, "Miss Peacock", kind of like the Brady Bunch car, only in blue
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• 71 Pinto. white and black striping...my dad paid 400 bucks for it and it barely ever ran-evry weekend he'd have to pour oil on the cams and it would also overheat...we (me and 3 friends) took it to California (from Phx) once and lived out of it for a couple weeks until it broke down for good on the freeway- luckily my uncle was within a couple hours of where it happened and he saved me!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• *we took black permanent markers to it jsut before the end and had people we met sign it and draw on it ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My loved my first car. Too bad my husband (then boyfriend) totaled it :(
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Also, if I stopped completely at a stop sign/traffic light, he'd die. Without Fail! I'd have to let him sit a minute then restart. I never drove through the city!
    The middle seat belt was a rope looped through the seat belt holes and just tied around the waist of the middle passenger (can't understand why my middle people didn't buckle!).
    Goodness, a piece of crap, but MINE! I miss that truck! I sold him and some punk ass teenager trying to impress his friend totaled him on a tree!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• A 1989 Ford Escort! Tan interior and exterior!
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 11:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2010