What would you do?

What would you do if your FIL was hitting on you and asking for sexual favors while your hubby's at work? What would you do if he found an excuse to walk into the bathroom while you were taking a shower (in a house that has two other full baths)? What would you do if when you told your hubby and your hubby confronted him, he deigned it?

As a side note our house had dangerous levels of lead so we had to move out and we're staying with my in-laws for a few months while we deal with our house. We are staying rent free, they only ask we help with household chores, cooking, cleaning ect.

SolaraDarkset

Asked by SolaraDarkset at 11:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Apparently he expects a little something else too! I applaud ou for telling your dh immediately, so many women are afraid or ashamed to tell when things like this happen. I advise no showers while dh isn't there, even if it means getting up super early. You have to protect yourself, there is no telling what he might do. I'd be looking for another relative to stay with, this could turn so ugly!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Does the wife knwo? You told your husband and I would expect him to stand up f or you. If it was me I would staay somewhere else- Free rent isn't worth that
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 11:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• did he believe you or his dad?
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 11:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• well you could always secretly tape him when he is hitting on you. and then show it to your husband maybe? and tell your FIL that if he doesn't stop doing that, then you can tell him you have proof and you'll show it to his wife?
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I would ask him how he thinks this is going to explain this to his wife maybe record it document it. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• WOW i would set up secret cameras, lock the door, confront the MIL, confront the FIL, and if possible get the hell out of there. That's disgusting. And I don't know if the walking in on you crap is illegal in any way but sounds like it should be. I would treat him like any other unwelcome pervert hitting on me and trespassing in my personal space. Gross
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• that is so gross. ewww... just the idea...honestly, if my fil hit on me, i'd hit back. in the jaw with a good left hook. what kind of girl does eh think you are anyway? sick bastard. MOVE OUT!!!! what if he decides to not take no for an answer? this man obviously has no boundaries.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Get it out in the family and threaten to go to the police about sexual harassment if he doesn't stop.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I wopuld be upset if hubby didnt believe me. I would feel dirty that my FIL would even try to do such things yuck nasty... i would tape his ass. but sinc eyou have to live der temp. i would keep my cool document it and tell hubby but once we were ooutta der i'd expose his old ass
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 3:27 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i would record him with cam and his voice and show it to MIL and Husband together and clearly have your voice saying this very disrespectful and im gonna tell
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 1, 2010