is it normal for my one year old son to play with his penus anytime he's not wearing a diaper?

jonreesespcs

Asked by jonreesespcs at 7:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it isn't normal then my son has a pee pee disease lol, yes it is completely normal as it's a new "discovery" for them. I wouldn't worry to much my son just turned 14 months about a week ago and he is fascinated with his.
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Yes my boys are 9, and 7 and are still obsesesed lol. He probably just discovered that its down there- a new thing to play with. I wouldn't make a big deal about it.
    mykidsrock77

Answer by mykidsrock77 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have found that the more you try to make him stop the more fun he will think it is. With my boys as they got a bit older I taught them that there were times and places when it was ok to touch yourself but that it was never ok to touch someone else's private areas and to tell an adult if anyone tried to touch his.
    coug70_99

Answer by coug70_99 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Oh yes.... Just ignore it and when he is older you can explain to him that is something he does in the tub or in his room.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It starts at birth and continues into adulthood LOL. I thought for sure my 2 boys would rip theirs off but believe it or not it brings pleasure to them, even at such a young age. And the journey continues......................(smile)
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Yes its completely normal... He is exploring his body, learning about himself and it makes him feel good and relaxes him.... so don't make any kind of deal about it. When he gets older you can explain to him that that is something to do in private, like the bathroom or his bedroom not where others can see it....
    tocreatefire

Answer by tocreatefire at 9:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Oh gosh, my son is only 8 months old & he's been playing with his for a few months now. Every time I'm changing his diaper, his little hands go straight for the pee pee! Bathtime, too. Ohh the adventures of raising boys..... : )
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Yes it's normal, and I don't think the fascination ever goes away!
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 10:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My son is almost one and does the same thing, I swear he is constantly messing with the TV, Xbox and DVD player. I tell him no about 100 times a day. I try to distract him with something else but it doesn't last long. I am hoping that if I am consistent he will eventually stop.
    momma-meg

Answer by momma-meg at 8:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2008