tell me about your first job....crappiest job gets best answer...add your salary too

I worked at an ice cream shop and had to wear a skimpy outfit for a whole $1.50 an hour because I wasn't 16 yet. Now that I think of it....a 15 yr old should not have been in a skimpy outfit!!

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 11:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Somehow my Mom got my sister and I jobs at the flea market on Sundays working in the food stand selling cotton candy, licorice, and ice cream. We were so sticky when she picked us at at 5 pm and we had been there since like 7 am. We did that for about 8 months.
    Actually I worked b4 that at the family construction business - cleaning the office and chopping weeds - I got a head full of bee stings when I hit an underground nest on a night when I had 2 dates to the county fair LOL gave me a reason to disappear to go to the other guy LOL (have to go check injury in the bathroom-again) That was so much fun and I looked so terrible and still 2 hot guys were panting after me whoo hoo
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i was 14 and worked at burger king making 5.25 an hour. but that wasnt the shittiest job ive ever had...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I had a job where you had to take these tiny screws and take 2 brakets and screw them together on to transistors for like electrical things and add a little slip of paper that said made in the usa. it sucked, very first day i had so many blisters. it was like 6.50 an hour and it was always 10 hour days.
    prego_jessi

Answer by prego_jessi at 11:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I worked at Wal-Mart at 17 and got paid $6.40/hr. I don't think I was ready for a job, even if I was 17.. my first day, I gave some lady the wrong change.. and she made a scene and started yelling at me, and there was other people behind me. and another day, some old man starting yelling at me because I didn't count his change back to him. I wasn't actually required to do that for customers
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Age 14. Scrubbing toilets at a ski resort. $4/hr. It wasn't the worst job I had though.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 11:45 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• a waitress - i was terrible at it lol. i was 16 and very shy.... i did well with bad customers tho! i made like 5.25 i am pretty sure
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I worked at a fast food hamburger joint and I made a whopping 2.65 an hour ladies. I was a hostess, so I had to bring trays of food two trays high,,,to the tables. I left the job when my boss told me to go clean the parking lot and he wanted me to clean all the way down to the dept store....I lasted 3 months.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Jobs are not crappy just a start to something better.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My first 'real' job with a paycheck and W-2 was being a lifeguard. It was the summer of 1983, I was 16 and I LOVED it! I honestly don't recall what I got paid because it didn't matter. It wasn't about the money, It was about my love of swimming and helping others. I loved it so much I would do it for free if I had to!

floating in pool

beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Pizza Hut $6.75 an hour only cuz that was CA minimum wage in 2003. Could have been worse I suppose. Free pizza and my manager could give damn - all the employees spend most of the day out in the back smoking pot while I collected all the recepits with the "free pizza if you take the survey" on them so my friend and I could order delivery at school the next day :)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 1, 2010