What do you think about texting an ex fling of yours? No cheating

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well I'm married and I think it's fine to do. as long as I don't overstep certain boundaries, but my husband doesn't let me.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It depends on what the intentions are behind it. I have an old friend who ended up becoming a "fling" but our friendship meant more than the "fling" did and every now and then we'll message each other to see how the other is doing but there is absolutely no sexual tension behind it, PLUS my husband knows all about it. We don't hang out, we don't go behind anyone's back.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I am so tempted tonight, he wasnt a fling, he was a lot more then that. I know if I start it up,,,its just going to be the same old crap again. I do miss texting him though...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• ha ha been there done it do it y i dont know but when i get bored or lonely i do you know me being single and all i dont see the harm :)
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I text some with my ex - we were together over 10 years though
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• FYI,,,Im single,,,lol,,,forgot to mention that in my reply
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:52 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I'm friends with a couple people I had briefly dated and it turned into friendships instead of relationships. Only once has my SO told me he was uncomfortable with me hanging with a guy and so i didn't see him again. Wasn't worth making my SO uncomfortable.
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 11:52 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• well exes are exes for a reason. keep that in mind. having said that, i'm married and still occasionally have conversations with my exes...if i see them, if they see me...one in particular i had a really long to 3 am conversation one night about what went wrong and could we have fixed it and could we be friends now despite all that...so i see no problems with it. as long as you know what you are going into.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:47 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It depends on your intentions. If he was a good friend that's one thing - if he was a fling than why would you want to re-open that can of worms? Exes are usually best left in the past, from my experience.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:40 AM on Aug. 1, 2010