Does this sound like a cyst to you ladies? adult content

I have had this bump on the lip of my vagina for a while now. like months. it doesn't hurt so i have been ignoring it really. its not even that big in the grand scheme of things. but recently, i developed another one. i'm pretty sure they are not boils but i have no idea what else they could be besides cysts. they are hard, like there is something substanial there. I'm also positive it isn't herpes...so we can skip those answers, please. i just want to know if anyone out there has had a similar experience and what their diagnosis ended up being. Yes i know i should go to the gyno but outside of not having one i do not have insurance and i would love to save that money if its something that just has to run its course.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Health

• Yup. I get those occasionally. I FREAKED the first time I saw one but I've had 2 doctors now tell me it's nothing and I've never had any issues with them (though sometimes they can get tender). I forget exactly what they said it was called, but I get them. Usually in or around the same places each time they show up.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Oh and they can stay for a while, go away for a while, then pop up again out of nowhere.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I had that and went to the doctor after there were a few of them and it started being painful to sit. I went to a regular doctor who told me it was just cysts and gave me some steroid stuff, the one where you take 6 the first day, 5 the next and so on. It cleared up in two days.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i had one there one time- it ended up being like a staph infection...
    hurt like hell though so if you aren't in pain then its prob not that
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I had one of these once. Just about fainted when I saw it. It was a Barholonian cyst. I'm not sure if this is what you have, because mine hurt so bad!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• it could be warts, sorry you probably dont wanna hear that, but if its warts it could also be in your cervix and you do not wana get it there bc you could have cervical cancer. ihave gone thru this. just wanted to make you aware.
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2010