slow cookers vs crock pots

is there any significant different between the two appliances? my slow cooker is rectangular. it has a metal  base which you can cook on.  next is the metal pan that sits on top of it and lastly is the glass top which can even be used in an oven as a casserole dish.  the crock pot, in the meantime  is a round ceramic container that fits down  in a metal container.  the lid is glass but not reversible.  help!

grandmo

Asked by grandmo at 7:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Food & Drink

• NO they really are the same thing....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My slow cooker (I bought it said slow cooker on the box) is just like how you described your "crock pot". That's why I said they are the same thing in the post above....

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• IMO they are the same thing
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It's the same thing. I think it just depends on who makes it. :) LOVE my crock pot. It's the best invention ever.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think the only difference is the manufacturer.
    rlemde

Answer by rlemde at 11:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think the "slow cooker" you're referring to sounds like what my ex-boyfriend had that we used to cook down tomatoes for canning tomato juice. It's not really a "slow" cooker, but a cooker. It actually cooks things faster than a crockpot or the type of slow cookers we all refer to as crockpots.
    KayLeyWade

Answer by KayLeyWade at 3:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2008