Has anyone else over thirty, or even younger had their hair just start falling out really bad out of no where?

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Health

• Mine has been doing that. I think it is because of stress. It has also been so hot that I would pull my hair up into a pony tail and I haven't done that in about a week, and I have noticed that I am not losing as much when I wear my hair down.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:06 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Im 23 it only happends when my hair is dry or has lots of split ends
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I have really thick hair, and it never really falls out in the shower. But lately its falling out much more than usual. It probably is stress. I just hate when its falling out like that all over the place, nasty.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Mine is doing it because of stress. Seems the worse it gets the more it falls out. I started taking some B12 vitamins.
    justme581

Answer by justme581 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I'll be 21 this year. That happened to me for 8 months while I had the Mirena. After it was removed, I was back to normal hair loss. Never put those two together until I had the thing removed (because of other really bad problems). Stress is really bad for making your hair fall out, too.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:44 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• When I was 34, and going through a divorce, I lost chunks of hair. I went to the doc, and he said I had alopecia (caused by stress). He gave me some cream to rub in, and I used special shampoo for about a year. It eventually all grew back in.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2010