Have you ever been on the phone with say the cable company, or electric company and your kids start fighting or making a lot of noise? lol, what do you do? Do you do the silent..."you better knock it off right now!" And then it really stinks when you have to speak your commands and it keeps messing up because of the back ground noise.

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• mine dont fight but they love makeing the most noise when im on the phone it seems, i feel you on that!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I only have the one kid, but it never fails. She wants nothing to do with me until I'm on the phone! Then it's mommy this, mommy that. Usually the "mom look" works or I just point to the phone and she gets it. Sometimes I have to put THEM on hold for a change and talk to her a second.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Only when I have been warned that my conversation will be taped for customer quality control reasons,,,,lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:10 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Its like ok..mom's on the phone lets do this lol. wow...kids are something else. I was on the phone today and the commands kept saying "I dont understand what you said" I was like OMG! I went in there and snapped my fingers and mouthed silently...."quiet now!"
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If my husband is home, then I usually just go to another room. I know what you mean though! As soon as I'm on the phone, my two year old starts being very loud :o) LOL
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:11 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• OMG.....all the time. They can be quietly playing in a different room and as soon as I get on the phone here they come yelling, crying and screaming.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 12:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Or how about the shower? Dont get me going on that one. Anyone else ever get to take a shower without having to say knock it off a thousand times. Talk about nicks on the legs!
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I stand in the shower yelling at them......Colby, knock it off......Kylee don't bite your brother......Ethan stop hitting her......
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 12:22 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Before I even get one the phone I tell them they had better be quiet or (insert some nonsense threat here) I usually don't threaten them so they know when I do that I'm serious and really have to make an important call and they had better be quiet. They know I won't follow through with the threat and I do use some off the wall ones like "hang you from the clothes line" "strangle you" "feed you to an alligator." "bury you in the back yard" you get the point. They just know I won't be happy and if I'm not happy they don't get the things they want when they ask for them. For example today I was on the phone with my grandmother and they started cutting up. So when I got off the phone and they asked if they could have ice cream I told them no because they bugged me while I was on the phone.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I feel ya...I am constantly shouting..." can I take a shower in peace pleace!"
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2010