baby grows too

My question is if you eat a lot does the baby get bigger? I am a small person and i am trying my best to gain weight.

ms.keisha17

Asked by ms.keisha17 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't really think it converts too much like that. I gained 24 pounds and my kid was almost 8. My mom gained 77 with my little sister and she only weighed 6 1/2.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Oh ok.
    ms.keisha17

Comment by ms.keisha17 (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Your baby will get bigger with time. If you eat more, it will make YOU weigh more after baby is born. I lost weight for the first 7 months of pregnancy, but they said the baby was growing fine. IDK how that was possible. Once I gained weight, that was the amount of weight I kept after she was born.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:24 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• just eat healthy - you don't gain that much weight for a while (no one could even tell i was pregnant for about five months with my first). make sure to keep your prenatal visits - your doctor will let you know if there is cause for concern. but the most important thing is to be healthy...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• hey keisha girl! babies usually don't gain their own weight until the last 7-8 weeks of your pregnancy. so what you eat to gain weight before then goes straight to you mostly. good luck gaining weight and good luck on the pregnancy. keishas-unite!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• no, baby gets nutrients, not fat. just eat healthy and you and baby will be fine! Remember, "eating for two" is just an excuse for some women to stuff their faces all day! LOL As long as you're measuring on track, you'll be fine.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Hey Keisha thanks
    ms.keisha17

Comment by ms.keisha17 (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2010