Do you take a multi vitamin? And if so, what kind...and do you think it makes a difference in the way your day goes as far as energy. Or what else do you do to have energy besides caffeine?

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Health

• I eat the kiddie vitamins, specifically the equate brand multi vitamin with iron. Yeah I do think it makes a difference. Not much but some.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• walmart's version of one a day weight smart. I can definitely tell I have more energy when I take it! But that's probably the higher vitamin B which helps metabolism.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I take Wal-Marts version Womens multi-vitamin and honestly I cannot tell a difference. I continue to take it because it has to be good for ya right?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• @kc932...thats why I use to take it, but I never felt like I had more energy. You would think it would.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I have been taking GNC well-being vitamins for women. I take the B Beautiful pack and the B Hot pack. I take 1/2 of each each day. They both have omega 3s in them which make a major difference in my clarity throughout the day. The B Hot I take in the am before a workout. It gives me the energy and endurance to get through the workout and get the most out of it. The B beautiful has a hair, skin, nail; an Omega3, one for bone strength, and a multi-vit. A bit spendy, but they really do seem more effective than others I've tried. Drinking water and eating right also make a huge difference for me. Coffee is my vice, but really does nothing for true energy.
    Jennibug

Answer by Jennibug at 12:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• if you take a multi vitamin it is best to find one that is made from FOOD sources...most the multivits on the market are made from CHEMICAL vitamins which your body doesn't even WANT to absorb and usually it all just ends up in your urine or poo...i take a B Foods vitamin, which is full of all the essential B vitamins to keep me healthy all the time...i do not drink any caffeine, i never have because whenever i did it would make me not able to sleep for days...i eat healthy as much as possible...also, exercise gives me a LOT of energy...the other day i went jogging and afterwards i felt so energized all i wanted to do was clean the house (which i HATE cleaning)
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 1:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I take Nature Made multivitamin, 2 b-complex, and calcium every day. I think it does make a difference, I feel better overall when I'm taking them. If I'm really dragging, I'll drink a 5-hour energy, it works wonders! (And has a lot of vitamin B)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Vitamin B12 is what you want for energy.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• thanks
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010