Is it wrong to be proud of myself?

I just made a post about being proud that I am still bfing my 10 month old and i got nasty pm already asying i was bragging and thinking i was better then ffing moms. I FFed my first, i wanted to bf SOO badly but listened 2 other instead. I am so proud that I made it this far (esp since he has 8 teeth) And just wanted to share. Am I wrong for that?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, it's not bad. Congrats on making it so far. Don't let a few complainers keep you from sharing your good news!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• No it's not wrong to be proud. Most people formula feed nowadays and breastfeeding is not so common. You should be proud you are doing something not everyone else is doing. I'm still breastfeeding my 6 week old and I'm proud as hell.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• As usual, some people are too sensitive and think everything is all about them. My baby girl is 19 months old and still bfing. I am ok with formula feeders. I think we all do what we feel is right for our children even if we don't all agree. It is not wrong of you to be glad that you have breastfed this long and it's not wrong of you to tell other people. You shouldn't have to worry if you are upsetting other people by making that statement. It has nothing to do with them.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• No, it's not wrong. You must first love the person in the mirror before you can love anyone else.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:24 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Nope not at all. I'm proud of you too. I was too scared to BF so I stuck with FF my daughter. I kind of regret not even trying, but with the next one, maybe I will try.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:26 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Not at all, if people are rude it's their problem. Maybe they are jealous!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• nope, and congrats!!!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Proud of you :o) ... I agree maybe they are jealous
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 9:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You should be proud! Keep up the good work. You've got 2 mo to go to make it to the magic 12 mo. Consider 2 years the World Health Org recommended minimum. I know it sounds like a long time and you may know nobody else that bf that long but it's worth it for your child. You can get online support. Many women that nurse toddlers are closet nursers, they only bf at home. They don't let anyone know (or at least see). Some of us don't care what people think.

FF moms have issues and they take them out on bf moms. Most know they aren't doing what's best for their baby and feel defensive or sad. Some don't have a clue and don't bother to educate themselves. Don't let them get you down.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Good for you!! And your baby!!!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010