Why do people complain when I can't do anything to help?

What do they expecty??? I feel terrible they are having a hard time and regrets, but seriously why try to make others cry with you? I know I sound careless, but when you are 850.00 short on your rent you should not be going to Black Angus or Marie Calendars!
This is just that my Mom is not dealing with working to well and having to earn her own living. My friend looks down on me because I stay home and she thinks it means we have money to spare.
People can be insane. They ask me for money left and right. But it's my Husband earning the money! And we have a child.
Plus I clean houses for extra money.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 12:15 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• People ask me for money and other help all of the time because I don't work and we have a nice lifestyle. It's not my (nor your) responsibility to fund other people's lifestyles. Regardless of what you have, they are not entitled to take things from you. They need to budget better, and leave you alone.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:26 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Some people just like to get it all out. A listening ear can be the best thing you can do for someone sometimes. For those who ask for money, they are just trying to make sure no stone is unturned. They figure if they ask everyone, someone, maybe you, will be able to help them. Have compassion in other's times of need.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I can relate. I'm always having people ask me for money or "loans." It does get annoying after awhile.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I have tried to have compassion but they get things like massages, salon days, acrylic nails x 3 people twice a week, foot spas, restaraunts, they even have a deep freezer full of food, and three large hd tvs with all these cable options and channels. I mean quit doing all the things I don't even have or do.
    I mean for them to expect someone to support their life style is another thing.
    You see my mother and friend want to never work again. They have both said this to me. I myslef work! I clean houses; come on I deserve a manacure, but I do it myself to save money!
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Some people really love to complain. Have you tried putting your foot down and telling them exactly what you think?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I agree some people really like to complain
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010