car accident/auto ins

Does anyone know. I live in CA and was in an auto accidnet 1-09 (my fault) At the time I was preggo, stressed, depressed and really didnt want to deal with the ins compnay. I reported the accident they fixed the other drivers car and closed the file. I had intentions of getting a new car within 6mo so I figured why fix mine. Welllll life got in the way I lost my job and decided to be a SAHM and now we have no funds for a new car and im so mad at myself for not getting my car fixed and sick of driving a horrible looking car (it runs great) im almost embaressed to call my auto ins becasue honestly I should have just delt with this back them...does anyone know if its too late to get my car fixed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I don't know but you can just try calling and asking without giving your name. Just say you're wondering on their policy on it and when they ask who you are just say you're interested in having them (not a lie, you have them so you must be interested).
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• try calling shops & seeing how much it would cost to repair. Cash prices are cheaper then they charge insurance
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yep, too late to get the car fixed through insurance. If it runs great - who cares about how it looks?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yeah its too late
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Thanks ladies..im the OP and I called the auto ins...yep I felt lame calling BUT here is the great news. There is no such thing as too late to get it fixed so im meeting the adjuster at 8am monday morning at the body shop and providing its not a complete loss they will take it then and fix it. Wish I had delt with this 18 months ago
    LuvingMy3Girls

Answer by LuvingMy3Girls at 10:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010