Having my period every 18 to 21 day. adult content

I was just wondering if anyone out there has experienced the same. For the past 3-4 months my cycle has been coming twice a month. I am getting really bad headaches just before I start, extremely irritable and fatigued. At first they were heavy, clotty and dark, but the last few have been bright red, and thin.
I have made a appointment to see the doctor, but I am starting to worry and was hoping that one of you may have had experience with this.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Health

• Have you has a tubal?

How old are you?

I wonder if it could be ovarian cysts?
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:34 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I am 35.
    Avon-N-Me

Answer by Avon-N-Me at 12:38 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I had this for years when I was a teenager, I had ovarian cysts. Birth control helped.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 12:43 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Perhaps you are becoming perimenopausal?

But that is usually sooooooooooo gradual, like small changes over 5-10 yrs.

Sounds like something more acute, maybe cysts or hormone problems?
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:57 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• When my dd started her period at 11 she had it twice but finally she is norm. We were gonna put her on birthcontrol but thankfully it didn't come to tht. In your situation I would go to the docs and get some answers if all tht is not normal for you then something must be going on...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I went through periods like that after having my kids. My periods were frequent, heavy, and lasted forever. Some months there would be clots and no pain, some months there would be no clots and tons of pain. I had tests done to see what was going on, but there was no obvious cause. I ended up having an endrometrial ablation (HTA) done in October, and I'm so glad I did. I haven't had a period since.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2010