hasnt everyone

got a story - something they did when they were pregnant that they prolly shouldnt have?

stuff like painting
cleaning with harsh chemicals knowing it could be harmful to the baby.
lifting heavy stuff
etc...

I cleaned up a water mess a few weeks ago - if anyone remembers that string of questioning i realize that the water was from the air conditioning unit - not outside - it was pure water. i vacuumed and cleaned I now have a dehumidifier in my room permanently as well as a fan going at all times

i still worry... anyone else have/had worries???

how did it turn out?

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 12:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, I worked at a grooming salon as a bather and despite me asking co-workers NOT to schedule me HUGE dogs to bathe, they still would. I never really had to pick any of them up, but it was still very difficult to be bent over batheing them.

And I would clean my cat's litter box ..
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:38 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• When I was first pregnant, I didn't know it. I thought I was fighting a flu, then I thought maybe it was mono or a thryroid issue. (I had one in a million chances of getting preg, due to Dr.) So I was drinking around 4 cups of coffee a day just to keep up. I was also drinking 4-6 packets of those E-mergencies each day, and taking butt loads of advil to ward off the headaches.
    Jennibug

Answer by Jennibug at 12:42 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I have a very physical job, I lasted at it to the end of my pregnancy with dd, it was hell, but my maternity leave was my annual leave so every second counted. My job could have cared less.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:44 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• on my first pregnancy, i was in a class for CNA (nursing) and had to pick up very large ppl.. the instructor did NOT care that i was 5 months pregnant
    tayseansmom7505

Answer by tayseansmom7505 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• The first two months of my pregnancy I didn't know about it. I was drinking A LOT and smoking A LOT of cigarettes and even accepted a hit of marijuana (something I'm not into but I was drunk so I wasn't thinking).

I still feel really bad and wonder if it had an effect, but so far nothing unusual with DD.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 12:55 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I picked upDD1 when preggo with dd2, I had no choice
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• when i was prego with my dd, i have a very abnormal period, so i didn't know for the first 3 months that i was prego. i use to be a heavy smoker and smoked around a pack a day. of course i quit the day i found out, but for the first 3 months i smoked. then with baby #2 my dd who was 4 at the time would fall asleep on the couch and i would carry her dead weight into her room. both my babies are great!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• and frankly, I have and always will do what pleases me. I am a hedonist first and foremost!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• well, I did a few things that are not exactly recommended by OB's but I NEVER worried about it. I did a ton of research on pregnancy, newborns and babies in general while I was prego. The percentage of risk for the things I continued to do after finding out I was prego was equal to or less than any "anomaly" that could happen. I like to fully informed properly, and not adhere to certain paranoid scenarios.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:48 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• with my first daughter I dyed my hair and everything was fine, with my second daughter I didn't take prenatals and I cleaned the kitty litter box, with my twins I didn't take my prenatal the first 2 months, they made me sick and with my current pregnancy I craved chalk and actually ate some. I found out that pica during pregnancy is pretty normal and means there a difficency like iron, having pica and not being pregnant is associated with a mental illness. and I do worry that even by consuming the chalk my unborn son may have a mental illness just by tasting the chalk that one time. I guess we'll have to wait and find out.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 8:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2010