Rules broken?

this is a jump off from another post.. Someone commented how she felt this girl broke the rules and didn't deserve the win her case (will post links below)..

However, she didn't go to prom, so how could she break a rule? By asking permission?

Secondly did the school not break the law? Is that not why they lost the case?

If a "rule is a rule".. then why gang up on this girl who didn't even break the rules? Why not be mad at the school for breaking the LAW.. a WAY more important rule..?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I completely agree with you. The school broke the law, she only asked permission and that is not breaking any rule or law. I also get sick of hearing people say she only fought it to get attention. She fought it to help stop a homophobic bully of a district from continuing discriminating.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• No it is not breaking a rule. I want to look at your link but every time I pull up one my comp freezes. So if you are talking about the girl taking a girl to prom thing. The school broke the law, They can not discriminate based off sexual orientation. If the other parents didn't like it fine they can keep their kids home, and be the jerks. They can not request a school break the law. For the school to agree was stupidity on the schools part.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Wow, I am actually amazed this prejudice is still evident. A very good friend of mine came out in our senior year and took her girlfriend to our senior prom, I don't recall anyone at all having a problem with it. Oh, and this was in 1994!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• TOUCHE! Thank you for calling that person out--I agree, agree, agree! Asking permission is not breaking a rule!
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 1:26 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Truthteller, they would have kicked her out of the prom. Yes, situations like that still happen. In the town she is in you can bet the staff and parents chaperoning would have made a serious stink.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:27 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Crissy The school still broke the law. She was given a different prom, That is discrimination and not the true experience, it is against the law. Also she can't fight that other students weren't allowed they have to them selves. The law is the law. The school rules mean shit against them . Them law even before the verdict shows that she did nothing wrong that the school did.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:38 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• The majority of people just REALLY don't give a damn..........................
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Then the school threw a prom SHE DID SHOW UP only 7 other kids showed as well.

**
    Because the parents of the kids who weren't considered "outcasts" threw their own prom on the same night and didn't invite the kids that were sent to this farce of a "school prom".

I can't believe people still think this was ok! They not only singled out this girl; but other "special needs" kids to go to the "special" prom; and the rest of the school went to a different one...this it total BS and the whole town should be immensely ashamed of themselves and the bigoted closed-minded hateful lesson's they're passing down to their children!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Did I read that correctly? this chick actually asked permission.......I don't get that! I would'nt even ask, that's almost like asking for trouble.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:19 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I agree with you 100%!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 9:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2010