Pregnancy on the Paragard?

I currently have the Paragard IUD (had it for a year and a half). My last period was June 14 and I have been feeling superly tired lately. I called my OBGYN and they told me to go ahead and take a pregnancy test and call them back on Monday if they came up positive. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests today and both have come up positive. I was just wondering if anyone out there knows the risks of being pregnant with the Paragard IUD and if anyone can give me any advice on how to deal with this situation. Thank you.

Brittany1286

Asked by Brittany1286 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• From what I learned while I was researching IUD/IUCs, I think the biggest risk is ectopic/tubal pregnancies. If the IUD is still in place and you became pregnant, they may try to remove it because leaving it inserted can cause a miscarriage. But, removing it may cause one as well. Here is a link about it. Also bumping you. Hope you get things straightened out hun!

WebMD

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:38 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• bump
    Prayingforbaby1

Answer by Prayingforbaby1 at 5:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• What in the world is a bump?
    Brittany1286

Comment by Brittany1286 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Aug. 2, 2010