Do you get spam emails when you post on Craigslist?

My husband and I used to advertise for labor services on CL alot, and now we just get flooded with junk emails about working from home. It's just not worth it to even use CL anymore. Sucks because it was free advertising to tons of people!
(sorry, wasn't real sure on the catagory for this one....)

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, and I stopped using the website because of it, too. One thing I did do was report every piece of spam to Craigslist and I never got mail from any of the spammers again.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yes, BUT I use Spamato

just google spamato
    VoteForThiago

Answer by VoteForThiago at 1:13 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• yes, and it drives me nuts
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• all of the time, what we do is leave it to where they cant reply through craigslist and we spell part of our phone number in the post, this seems to keep alot of spam down.
    mommy0f6

Answer by mommy0f6 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• YES! Now I state on my add that I will only reply to phone calls/texts. This seems to work!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yes. You can create a separate email account that use for these types of sites and keep it contained that way. You can also try spelling out your phone number is you worry about telemarketers. for example . . . your number is 123-123, write it in the response or post as one two three - one two three. A lot of these fishers use software that scans your message for number sequences not words. You can also post your email adress in a way that will make it incorrect to a software program. For example if your email adress is me@me.com you can type it me at me dot com and add a note saying you wrote your email adress in words to ward off fishers. Most people will get it and doing this is spreading around.
    Shaman

Answer by Shaman at 2:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If your email has a good spam filter, most of the spam will not appear in your inbox.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I've gotten a few spam emails...I don't use CS as much anymore
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• YES! And the rental ones are the worst. They place bogus ads about rentals, you email them, and they email back saying you need to fill out a credit report first. WRONG!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yes. I flag every piece of spam mail that comes in and that seems to slow things down for a while.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2010