K since this post went off base because some can't figure this out on their own I will repost pointing out this is a hypothetical situation. I'm curious about this. This is a question mainly for those who beleive magick and witch craft is evil. However any body is welcome to share their opinion.

OK so if you think magick and witch craft is evil, premonitions and precognitions are in those categories.
So if you have a precognitive dream that shows some thing tragic lest use a school shooting as an ex. Where a whole bunch of people will die. However this precognition can prevent this. What would you do? Dismiss it, ignore it, or try and stop it, or maybe some thing else all together!

What would you do if you had one??? Please tell me that is clear enough. I do not care for a people lesson or bashing. Yes saying those who do not believe in god is the anti- Christ is bashing. I am asking what you would do not your religious beliefs.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 1:30 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Well let me start by saying that having a dream of something happening does not necessarily mean it is destined to. You give way too much info. in your question, with subjects like this it's best to keep it short and simple. I would suggest you ask yourself a few questions regarding what you had been through that day and what you had watched on tv or even if someone simply mentioned something to you in passing which may relate to the dream. If nothing like this applies and if you recall specifics, I would tell someone/anyone. I would even try to record myself stating the facts if possible with a date stamp, most new digital cameras allow you to record videos which have a date stamp. That way even if everyone you talk to about it thinks your nuts and it winds up happening, you will have proof that you knew of it beforehand. Good luck with this.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would do my best to let the people know what I had dreamed.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Well it all comes down to what would Jesus Do? I am sure he would do the right thing and prevent the tragedy. There fore so would I.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If I read correctly, I wouldn't do anything about it. A dream is just a dream.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 1:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't know much about it so like other things I don't know much about I would talk with someone who I trust and may be more knowledgable of the situation. So would I dismiss it, probably not, but I would try to understand it better.
    However witchcraft does scare me, again unknown to me, but I don't care to know more about it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:51 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I'd be on my knees praying and intercede for the children the school and the person who is doing the shooting.

I had a dream about an attempted suicide and prayed for the person. I knew who it was but when I shared her the dream I left out the identity of the person and I asked her what to do since I never had a dream like this before. She said to pray. I did and a week later she came to me and said. Do you remember that dream you had? I replied yes I do. She said that was me wasnt it? I said yes, she said at the time you had the dream I was contemplating suicide. She thanked me for praying for her. We went on to be close friends for 9 yrs. All you can do is pray and allow God to do the rest!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:13 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You know how I feel, but my mother has premonitions - mostly in dreams - and passed that ability on to me... In addition I have the gift to see and hear entities which not everyone can and at times can receive visions based on touch... (All of which I need to work on growing).

Now, my mother is a JW and therefore falls in with the belief that anything which doesn't come from God comes from the Devil, and God doesn't do these things, so they are evil. When I was a child I learned quickly not to tell my mother when I was seeing things... She always believed - and told me - they were signs that the Devil was trying to take me for his own and sway my beliefs away from God. She believes the same of her own visions... She sees them as a curse from the Devil and his way of trying to separate her from God. So I would say there are most likely more that believe like her... I'm just not one of them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:10 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Miss if you did I over looked it or thanked you. The others were taking it way off track. Thank you and sorry you would've been included in the title.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 1:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• truth thanks. I give all the info to avoid people from asking questions. Usually I post before bed and want to read the answers in the morning. Or I'll have to keep reanswering the same questions. Note though this isn't about a dream I had.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 2:00 AM on Aug. 1, 2010