How can I keep my husband more interested in me than the tv?

My husband seems only interested in making sure that our son is taken care of and fed and entertained then seeing how my day is. He comes home and ignores me, he says that he thinks of me while he is at work but never shows the caring and love he claims to feel. I know that he does love me, how do I get him to turn the tv off and me on?

Steph1977

Asked by Steph1977 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• you shouldn't have to stand naked in front of the tv to get his attention. my husband likes to play poker online for hours and sometimes by the time hes off im already asleep. i talked to him about it and sometimes it continues but i just look at him and tell him im missing him and he gets it. men seem to think that as long as there in the same room as you there spending time with you. tell him that u want to do more then watch tv or u can go cuddle with him and talk to him about his day and mabey you will have an actual conversation.
    marykaysauer

Answer by marykaysauer at 8:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Stand in front of it, turn it off, throw something at him, sit on his lap, turn porn on??? I don't get why this is so difficult...The options are endless...
    lyricsnlaughter

Answer by lyricsnlaughter at 7:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Wait til your son goes to sleep and then stand naked in front of the tv.
    Anonymous

• These are all great ideas if I only wanted to have sex with my husband, but what about having him interested in how my day was or interested in me as a partner ?
    Steph1977

Answer by Steph1977 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• when you find out please write to me and let me know!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i'm the opposite. i'm the one watching tv and believe me i still love my husband. i just have an addiction to tv. i hate it when my hubby wants to talk and gets on me while trying to watch tv. i'm sorry i guess i'm no help but what might take me away is if we can do something fun and talking is not it. even sex won't tare me away from the tv. or trading off for another activity. say he comes to something i want and i'll go do something he wants if i get off the tv and vise versa. good luck.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Man, I wrote something then had to delete it!!!
    Now's the time to use your imagination.
    Have fun with it!!!!
    strozilove

Answer by strozilove at 12:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• < He asks you how your day was and about your son and he thinks his job is done. It's worked for him so far so why should he change . Men a visual and are very easily turned on. Change your clothes in front of him or Try wearing something that he'll want to take off of you. Try to watch what he's watching or get insterested in something that he is so you'll have something to talk about. having something in common (even if it's something you don't really care for) would help you communicate more. Men also love compliments. Say something like 'man you look so sexy when you come home all dirty' or 'those pantslook great on you'. And you make the first move, stop waiting for him. If you might be complaining that you had a bad day or your tired or your in a pissy mood he does not want to take the chance of being rejected he would rather just go to bed.
    snpratt77

Answer by snpratt77 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• this is my biggest problem, please let me know with better idea's cuz he's not into talking or hearing about it. Jerk!
    hotmamma_79

Answer by hotmamma_79 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• LOL. You are trying to change the nature of who he is. Face it. He is a man. If you need a conversation, get a girlfriend. Sit next to him and talk to her. He will listen and if he is interested he will ask you a question. Don't exclude him, but a lot of men when they have young children don't want to put burdens on their women. They think their women have enough going on to deal with what he has going on. (Does that make sense?) Have you ever considered he may not know how to relate to you? You have done a lot of changing, so has he and he may not know how to cope. Listen to him.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2008