Having a slumber party

I am having a slumber party for my 6 year old daughter's birthday. Besides the usual make over and nails getting done what are some other things I can do to keep all 7 of these girls busy????

momma-meg

Asked by momma-meg at 8:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Off the top of my head I don't have any game ideas, but I will say this: Limit their sugar intake!! Do cake EARLY so that they can run and play outside or somehow get rid of their sugar high EARLY. Trust me on this.
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 8:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Tell stories (take turns), silly monitored truth or dare, (mild for the age), make some jewerly, dancing with music, a cool movie with popcorn, dress up, (old clothes and stuff like that throw it in a box), hopscotch (outdoor stuff with sidewalk chalk), umm...thats all I can think of for now.
    Anonymous

• For my daugthers first slumber party we: went to the craft store and bought iron on coloring transfers (like for embroidery) bought fabric markers and giant white t shirts. All the girls made night gowns and colored and signed everyone elses. They all came up with nicknames and we wrote the nicknames on thier backs of the shirt. We also did nails, made masks (cheap) from the craft store, watched movies, did cake and ice cream..........ate all night.
    If you do this.... do the iron ons a head of time. Paint the masks ahead of time with spray paint. and only pick ONE craft. I slept for two days afterwards. And the girls were TIRED the next day.
    But it was soooo fun.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• We just did this last weekend with 8 6 & 7 year olds. The key seems to be keeping them busy with structured activities. When they did their own thing they got crazy. I made pillow cases with an ironed on slumber party design. They colored them w// fabric markers. We also polished fingers and toes and had I ice-cream sundae activity where they made their own sundaes. We ended the night with popcorn and camp rock.
    jhawkgirl

Answer by jhawkgirl at 9:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2008