Is sex necessary? Besides for procreation?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:48 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Weird question! NO, other than procreation NO!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Necessary? I suppose not, but it's fun:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I dont think its necessary but society has become such a sex centered one that it is almost expected in most relationships. I think unless your religion tells you its wrong besides for procreation its used for recreation as well
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 2:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I think it makes our bodies and our psyche healthier. Necessary, no. Guys still need to ejaculate every so often, for get the reasons though.....
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 3:01 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It can be a good stress releiver. We can probablby survive without it. But who would want to?
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:13 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I think its very necessary.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yes actually it is. Other wise we would have issues. Watch the pros of sex, and what you would lose with out it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:06 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Intimacy is necessary. Humans want connection - man is a social animal. Sex is an extension of intimacy. It is not necessary, but it is beneficial in many ways.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Sex is healthy, it distresses you and makes you feel good and wanted and desired and attractive and needed, and you become one with your partner. It is not necessary, but life is a lot better with it, aside from the health benefits, it is fun!

Answer by older at 9:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would say it is necessary. Here is why...a women can only get pregnant 12 times a year. It takes repeated sexual encounters in a month/year to get that right window of opportunity. So we have evolved to have a healthy sex drive. Those men that didn't have a good sex drive were weeded out by natural selection. Those men that had a great sex drive had babies and a that trait presisted in our population. So I do believe sex drive is really important and a good sex drive leads to more sex.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 1, 2010