Wish us luck! Advice please?

I just put my baby girl (5 months old) to bed without a swaddler and without an "inclined to sleep" for the first time. She is in really warm jammies, and looks very comfy. I kept the rest of the routine exactly the same. Any advice if she wakes?? Should I crack and give her the swaddler??

P.S. WISH US LUCK!

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 8:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we swaddled our son with a blanket until he was about 9 months old, maybe 10...

we did it with one arm out for a while, and then both arms out, then he didn't need it anymore.
    i like the gentle approach personally

sometimes now (17 months) i wish i could swaddle him up still. he's all jerky and will wake himself up flailing about. LOL
    sunnykate

Answer by sunnykate at 10:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• No! Your doing great! Thats the way you gotta do it and starting young makes everything easier.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Ah, shes already woke up twice in 19 minutes lol... Yikes... were in for a long one.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It was crazy.. i didnt even have to wean my daughter from her swaddler.. she just started climbing outta it.. and eventually.. we didnt put it on her.. now she hates to be swaddled.. guess im lucky
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 8:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• She escapes from hers too... thats why I decided to do without... but she cant seem to stay asleep without it... weird.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It will take a while and you won't get much sleep for 3-4days but do not reswaddle her. At this age she is really too big to fit properly in the swaddler and she could get it up to her face or around her neck - both have obvious dangers
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I know some moms won't agree, but I cover my son with a blanket (to just below armpit level) then tuck the edges under his arms. Yes he wiggles at night; but we have never had a problem. He has learned with toys to swat them from his face and he can do the same with a blanket. It also helps that we have a motion detector monitor so if he stops moving we will know.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• sorry im a new mom, wats a swaddler?
    MomiOn07

Answer by MomiOn07 at 3:05 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• our son from the second day he was born hates to be swaddled so after we brought him home we used the earable blankets so that he would still move his legs and arms but he was also kept warm.
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 10:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2008