Do you think that Michael Vick is rehabilitated?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 3:08 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Dunno, but I would hope so. I still don't have any respect for him however.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• no, I doubt it.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:26 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• No respect? Did he actually hurt the animals? Or was it just his entourage?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 3:30 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Probably not... usually people who change do something to prove it/ make up for it. You know examples would be... open an animal shelter, or a pit-bull rehabilitation center for injured and mistreated animals. Instead he cried about not being thrown into the game, and licked his lips 600 times on tv saying how "sorry" he was. I am not convinced.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:55 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• So if he built a dog shelter that you would think that he had rehabilitated? He works with teenagers and ex felons.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 4:00 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• only he will know that and it does not matter to me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:11 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• He hasn't done anything but given lip service and to me? no thats not enough. He has worked with teens for a couple years through his foundation that his brother and mom came up with for underprivileged kids. But that stopped in 2006.... he did some stuff for the Vtech victims in 07. I have not heard any work hes done with felons. But yeah...a bunch of appearances on tv just don't win me over. I hope he is and I hope he can get his life straight. He was a great athlete and people like that can have a great positive influence in the world if they strive for it.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:15 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't give a Rats Behind,he shouldn't be allowed to come back and play Football! It's like rewarding him, but i guess the Sportworld fly by different rules. Remember Darry Strawberry, the Coke Head? Well he was in and out of rehab, even jail time.They took him back to play ball, no matter how much Coke he snorted up his nose. What are we teaching our young children?, that no matter how bad you are, , you can still come back and get paid the millions $ like nothing happend. Do you remember Pete Rose,in Baseball? Well they kicked his butt out, put him in jail,pulled all his awards out of the Baseball Hall of Fame.For Gambling, on the Teams.Did he deserve,his whole carreer to be ripped out from under him? Oh, I guess if you buy & sell,do coke or burn,beat up dogs,hang them,make them fight & rip each other apart is forgiven, but not whem you gamble money. So to me it's who you know $$$ not who you don't know.
    scrappnmomma

Answer by scrappnmomma at 6:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yes he did hurt the animals. From what I saw on the news when he realized he was about to get caught he killed several of his dogs by hanging them. As an owner of a dog who is part pit bull it rubs me the wrong way when people do things like he did.

As far as his rehabilitation I don't know. Don't really care
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 9:27 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't know if he is rehabilitated. He is a monster in my eyes and should NOT be allowed to play football again!

Anyone who would hurt an animal like that is deeply sick and troubled. There is no excuses for that in my book, therefore no ability to be 'rehabbed' from it!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2010