Do you have a lot of photos from your childhood?

Not really all that many from mine, because of course it was before the age of digital cameras and my family just didn't take a lot of pictures. I have thousands of my son and he's only 3. Of course, if we didn't have a digital, we probably wouldn't have as many.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 3:15 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My dad does. He was an amateur photographer and I can't remember a time he didn't have a camera in his hand. I actually learned to take pictures on a 35mm film camera that had manual focus and you had to advance the film with a lever. I wasn't half bad at it at the age of 9. There are about 3 photo albums overflowing with pictures just of me, 1 for my younger brother plus we have 3 of family reunions (some of my best memories). We also have a huge trunk full of the copies and my dad has another box full of the negatives.
    Hopefully some day he will get them all scanned so I can have copies.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Not at all! It's too bad because I don't even have enough to compare them to my childrens pictures:(

I take so many pictures of my kids because of this. I want them to have a lot of pictures to look back on...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Everyone in my family has a lot of pictures of me when I was young. One grandma has a whole scrapbook just of my pictures...
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 3:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't have that many. Because of that, I take a TON of pictures of my children.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:22 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• yes,my grandmothers unfinished scrap book is mainly of me,and I dont even know how many pictures of me that are packed away or in storage
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:45 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Some. I guess we have plenty. My dad used to take pictures of us to remember different points in our life by. I have fond memories of him putting on slide shows back in the day for my cousins, aunt, uncle and our family. My kids each have their own albums that I've put together and we have TONS of photos in digital land. So much so that I think they don't appreciate what they have. It's so commonplace, you know what I mean?
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 5:05 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I have maybe 3 or 4. Our house burned down and we lost everything, but a couple were salvaged through relatives. My parents didn't take many photos so even without the fire there wouldn't be many. I have probably thousands of my daughter so far. She's three.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 5:14 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I ws raised by my grandparents,and there are like 20 albums of my childhood...LOL I also have pictures of my dads childhood (and my uncles) TONS! Plus I have pictures of family from the 1800's! We are picture takin fools...LOL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Tons!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:03 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Nope I guess they just didn't like to take pics but I tell you I have lots and lots of albums and now with the digital world CD's...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:33 AM on Aug. 1, 2010