I want to know more about people who don't vaccinate their children.

I'm interested in finding out about vaccine "FREE" families. What are your reasons behind doing so? Where do you get your information about vaccines? I've only heard of this recently. I never knew you had a choice not to vaccinate!

momma-still

Asked by momma-still at 8:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Health

• I refused at first when I was offered the chicken pox vaccine, my older two children never had the vaccine and I was ok with my 2 year old getting it the normal way. I was told that the schools here (Missouri) required it and that he wouldn't be able to attend school without it. Now, in retrospect, I wish I had refused, instead I gave in. He has been having trouble ever since, we have three therapists coming to out home and he qualified for special schooling. I know there is no proof, but all these vaccines could have caused a problem. Other moms had this sort of problem?
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My kids have had all the vaccines. Personal choice. They are fine, no strange things happened because they got vaccines, they're just normal kids.

Without vaccines, I don't think countries would have never resolved small pox, or any other massive break out like in 1800's and early 1900's. Thank goodness there's stuff out there to help keep us from getting Hepatitis too. All it takes is one wrong person not to wash their hands after pooping. GROSS!!

There are many opionions about it, but it all just comes down to what you want to do. There is the small percentage that do have a reaction, I'm not denying that. It all just comes down to choice.

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 9:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I don't vaccinate any longer because both my children had reactions to vaccines. I looked up the ingredients and was appalled. Formaldehyde, aluminum, mercury based preservatives, aborted fetal cells. and other not so great things. I was disgusted and afraid. These ingredients have been known to have detrimental effects on ones health. I believe we can ward off disease by having a good diet, having good health and good hygiene. I believe in the bodies natural ability to fight off disease and infection. I got a lot of my information from the cdc, medical books and yes the internet. I try to stay away from sites that are clearly biased. I personally don't see what anyone has to gain by telling the truth about vaccines. I do see what they gain by hiding it.

soon2bemomof307

Answer by soon2bemomof307 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• It's a personal choice. I did some of the vaccines with my first, but none with the second. I did a lot of research and we're holistic now. Both boys got whooping cough even though the first was vaccinated. Most of the vaccines only last for a few years. I agree with the other poster about the ingredients - and the risks associated with those ingredients. Merging species on a cellular level is probably not a good idea, bovine fetal cells, rheus monkey cells and all. The increases in diseases such as asthma, allergies, ADD/ADHD, autism, et al, have all been linked to vaccines. We do the cleanliness thing. As for the poster who said something about poo and not washing hands, look - if that were true, oral sex would have killed off men a long time ago ;o) and there would be NO gay men. Sick psycho sex people EAT POOP, and don't die or even get sick. YUCK!
    Neminly

Answer by Neminly at 2:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2008