Hi there my name is Katelin and my husband and I have been trying 3 months to have a baby and I was just wondering when do women usually ovulate or when is it normal to??

trying to conceive
pregnancy

KBurpee91308

Asked by KBurpee91308 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I agree... it varies from woman to woman. I used FertilityFriend also...
    to do temping you chart your temp every morning at the same time when you ovulate you have a temp rise that stays high until your period is about to come where it drops again... or if you are pregnant it stays high.
    But to do charting doesn't help you know when you will ovulate based on one chart.. because by the time you see the temp shift it's too late. It helps you know when your typical time to ovulate will be over time so that you can make sure you have some good BDing in!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It really varies from person to person. Most people will say with the "average" cycle of 28 days you'd ovulate on day 14, but that's not always the case. The only way you can know when you're ovulating is if you use an ovulation kit or if you temp(I used to use Fertility Friend to chart my temps so that you can find out when you ovulate). If you want to get preg though, you should probably just try to have sex every other day soon after your period is over, just to cover all the possibilities. GOod luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I am a medic and i have done lots of fertility research. Paesana82 is right! somewhere between day 11 and 14 is the normal ovulation time but you need to be sure by checking your temp first thing in the morning when you wake up or by using a fertility chart. The sperm only lives for 48 hours before it dies off so you have to have sex whithin 48 hours of ovulation. GOOD LUCK!!
    twinsmom1107

Answer by twinsmom1107 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Im so clueless about this stuff but what does taking your temp have to do with it?? do you run warmer lol?? I know Im clueless
    KBurpee91308

Answer by KBurpee91308 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It took me and my bf 7 months to get pregnant. Didn't try too hard in the begining though. But anyways, my doc told me to count day one as the day you start your period. Then mark 2-15 on the days after that. Then he said have lots of sex on days 12-15. It only took a month or two after that and it happened. I added the legs over my head thing after sex, lol. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008