Do you think that a man is being disrespectful if he refuses to marry the woman he resides with

I have seen several celebrities that only reside with their baby mommas. They even have children with these women. Do you feel that its disrespectful to just live with a woman and not want to marry them?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 3:42 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• No not really! I guess it would depend on the people within the relationship and their feelings. My SO has asked me repeatedly to marry him and I have repeatedly said " HELL NO"! I don't believe in that archaic ritual, don't see a valid reason for it. But to each their own!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:45 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Although with that said, I would agree to a commitment ceremony because I am committed to him for the rest of my earthly life.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:47 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• No marriage does not rock everyones boat so its up to them if it is for them or not.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If he flat out refuses to get married and she wants to, then yes it's a bit disrepectful. But if each person is OK with it then no. I've been with my SO for 8 years and I am fine with it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I think it is. But I didn't even live with Dh until after we were married, so I guess I kinda have a weird old style perspective. A lot of people live like this though and are happier doing so. It's not for me, but to each their own.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:02 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• No besides who said the woman want to marry them.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• This isn't 1950. If you're a woman who doesn't like her living situation then change it!
    JessWulf84

Answer by JessWulf84 at 6:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It would bother me if a guy did not want to get married but wanted to "play house"...
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 7:14 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It depends on there relationship
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:33 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I think it depends on your core beliefs. A piece of paper doesn't guarantee someone will stay committed to a relationship.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 1, 2010