Would you be able to stay?

If it was extremely important to you to have more children (you only have one) and you had thought that your SO was on the same page as you with that, then he suddenly informed you that he didn't want more kids and couldn't imagine changing his mind, would you be able to deal with that or would it be a deal breaker for you?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:57 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• He wants you to just "get on with your life" right now? Then I say deal-breaker!! If he knew you wanted more children and now he's saying no, it sounds like he's trying to leave you without coming out and saying it. Sorry, I know stuff like that is hard to hear. You deserve to be happy in a relatioship, not wondering what bad thing is gonna happen next. If he wants you to just move on with your life then do it!! Prove to him you don't need him or his crap!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would learn to be happy with one child. Kids move out and lead their own lives, your Dh will love you forever. If the relationship is already rocky though, and I'm not married to the guy, I would consider leaving.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:00 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I think this is a deal breaker for me That is why in 2012 after I graduate I am moving my business and myself to Japan I want another child. It might not happen now but I will not take the chance.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:02 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Nope...I want the fairy tale and I deserve to be happy.

YOU DO TOO!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Sounds like you have more issues then just him not wanting more kids. He does not want you or another kid. Time for you to leave the relationship.

Answer by louise2 at 7:19 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If I only had one child, I don't think I'd accept it...but If I had 2 or more already, I think I'd just try to live with it and come to terms....but regardless, if you're not happy otherwise and relationship is rocky as you said, I don't think I'd accept it and probably move on....the thing is, he may have something in his head that if the relationship is rocky, he doesn't want more children, just in case.....and honestly that might be a good thing for you to think about too.... ?????
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 7:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It sounds like there's a lot that needs to get discussed before you guys can have another kid. If it were me, DH and I discussed that we were on the same page with how many children we wanted and when we wanted to start trying, so if he had changed his mind it might be a deal breaker. A big part of marriage is having children and I think it would be pretty hard to be on two different pages.
    JessWulf84

Answer by JessWulf84 at 8:22 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I am moving to Japan to make that happen and well my business.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:59 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Further info: Relationship was rocky before the child, he knew you wanted more and led you to believe he did, too, until recently (child is a toddler or older), and he doesn't love you "like that" anymore, but thinks that he might be able to someday in the future and wants you both to "get on with life" at least for now.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 4:03 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It depends on how much u love them.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2010