My grandson is almost 4 he is healthy The nutrisonist says he is over weight?

He is in a 3-4 t clothes he does not look fat.

Asked by momof4-13Gkids at 1:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I think some babies (and adults) are just plain built solid! You would never guess my daughter weighs 27 pounds, until you pick her up and you're like whoah! you are a heavy girl!

Answer by bethany_smith at 1:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My daughter is 3 and weighs 35 lbs. My son is 7 and weighs 62 lbs. Both are very thin. But they're also tall and muscular. Muscles weigh more than fat.

I've had people tell me that my son must be overweight because of his weight. Then they see him! He looks underweight but he's in the 90th percentile.

Best thing to do is to ask the doctor what percentile his weight is. Then ask which percentile his height is. If they're about the same then no worries. He might be heavier than most kids his age but is he taller as well? Does he have a lot of muscle?

It's the same with adults. I'm 5'5". Before I had kids I was 145 lbs. Sounds like alot but you have to realize that I was a size 6 and had almost no body fat. lol

Answer by amethystrse at 2:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2008