After Jesus was crucified and died he did not return to life physically

Do you Agree or Disagree

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Disagree
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 4:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Disagree. Again, I suggest creating a poll to more easily view the results. And to avoid drama. :)
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 5:01 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• jolly some don't want to create a poll.
    OP Not technically. No he was not alive for good, but he was of flesh.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:13 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Disagree also! He did return to life in the physical form but then God came and took his spirit to heavan when it was time.
    josephsgirl86

Answer by josephsgirl86 at 7:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Disagree. Mary Magdalene and Mary Mother of Jesus found the tomb empty in most versions of the encounter there was also an angel there proclaiming he had risen. Jesus invited doubting Thomas to touch the wounds on his hands and side.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:53 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If one is to believe the myths (which I somewhat do) then one has to believe that after he was crucified he did return to life OR he survived the crucifixion altogether which is more likely. Gnostic Christian myths - which I find more credibility in - actually teach that only the "Christ" was crucified, and that Jesus the person did survive the crucifixion and live his life as a normal person Marrying Mary, having a daughter and moving to France - where the bodies still supposedly remain. While it was rare, people DID survive crucifixions in those days and seeing how he was in general good health as far as we know prior to this, there is a chance that he would have been one of those few...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:58 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't see the Christian Myths as any different from other myths. I believe they are generally based in fact, yet the truth was stretched in order to create Religious Points... However, with Christian myth we have more than one source - The Church and the Gnostic writings and teachings, which predate the church... While the Gnostic teachings are more down to earth and tend to take some of the magic out of the story, they are also much more plausible an explanation than most of what the Church teaches as far as Jesus' life goes. And seeing that these teachings are just as backed up - if not more so - by actual places and historical proofs as the stories the Church teaches it makes one question why they would not hold just as much, if not more, weight than the others...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:01 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Again when Jesus came back to meet with the disciples after His resurrection He said this. jn 20: 17Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"
    and this
    John 20:26-28 (New American Standard Bible)
    26After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, "Peace be with you."27Then He said to Thomas, "Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing." 28Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
    He was physical but also walking in a different dimension since in the same story above Jesus was suddenly in the room.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• disagree. This line of thinking does not line up with the Bible.
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 5:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Neither. Jesus didn't exist and so his mythos contains a number of contradictions. At the tomb he forbade Mary Magdalene to touch him because he had not "ascended" to his father (whatever that means). Yet, when he appeared to the disciples in the room where they were hiding, Thomas was able to touch the wounds in his body, and Jesus even asked for food to eat, neither of which can be accomplished without a physical body. Sometimes he was recognized as being Jesus (as with Mary), and sometimes, as on the road to Emmaeus, he was not. There is no consistent account about his condition post-ressurection. This is something very common to ALL fairy tales, religious or not.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010