The Holy Spirit and the devil are not living beings but symbols of God's presence and evil

Do you Agree or Disagree

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Disagree. I am able to look at and literally converse with living beings, as they are alive (meaning they have life).
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I disagree. They are not living beings in the sense we are living beings but they are not symbols either
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 4:59 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Disagree.
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 5:00 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If you just want to know if people agree or disagree, why not create a poll? It'd be easier to view the results that way too.
    jollymommy

• @crazymom21.........yes, they are symbols actually. If not symbols, than what would you call the words?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 5:10 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I agree to a degree. I think it is more of an example of good and evil. They are also spirits which would conclude living entities, but not living beings.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• @hot-mama86...... you are wrong. A spirit is defined as the incorporeal part of a being which once lived and there is no conclusive proof of a "holy spirit, Devil or God" ever actually living!!!!!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 5:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't agree. I believe they are spiritual beings, but very real even though they do not have physical form. I believe the Biblical account of Lucifer being a fallen angel, and the Holy Spirit as one of the persons of the Holy Trinity.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:37 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• They are not symbols, I think. Satan is his own spirit being. God's Holy Spirit is a life source, a force, and it is alive because it breathed life into Adam, but it is an extension of God. Why does electricity come to mind right now?
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Disagree! Both are alive and well and on this earth.. Their realm is different than ours!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2010