we are going to pigeon forge for thanksgiving

any "must do's" while we are there?

musicalmom30

Asked by musicalmom30 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Travel

• yes! I always have to clean myself afterwards- so definitely since I am 33 weeks along now.
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• The answer box limits to 1000 characters, but here's a link to an article I wrote about the area for families - Family Fun in the Smokies at TravelingMamas.com. It is one of my favorite destinations that the kids love and I love. Also, do a search for Smoky Mountains and a few other ideas come up. I heart the Apple Barn restaurant for at least one meal while I am there. Also, don't forget about the Mountains!

CajunMama2

Answer by CajunMama2 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I live about 45 min. from there! There is lots to do! My family loves it! Some of the best things to do there would be...shopping...Tanger is the best! Go-carts!! We rode the wooden spiral (can't remember the name) the Wild Woody maybe?? it was pretty fun. They also have horseback riding, helicopter rides, there are plenty of trails around there and did I mention shopping?? LOL Also, if you think you are running out of things to do, travel just a little ways down the road to Gatlinburg. We have so much fun there also!! A good place to eat is Blaine's. Last time we ate there we got the best steak!! They have a place that makes taffy and you can watch it. There are plenty of candy places.
    sunnygrl2

Answer by sunnygrl2 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• A very fun arcade is Fanny Farkles. Umm, a cool place to stay is the hotel right up the road by Blaine's, all the way to the top on the right, can't remember the name, starts with a J maybe?? Anyhoo, they have decent rooms and a nice indoor pool/hot tub with a small waterfall and cave-like feel. The sky lift is fun, they have ice skating in Ober, ummm pass on the mall, it's really not that great. And a few last things the Ripley's Aquarium and another great place to eat is next door at No way Jose's ( I think that is the name-I am awful with names...sorry!) There is plenty more to do...anymore questions just email me! :) Also,... you must as pp said see the mountains!!!! :)
    sunnygrl2

• Sorry couldn't fit it all!!! LOL
    sunnygrl2