Does anyone have advice or concerns about IUDs?

momma-still

Asked by momma-still at 8:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Health

• I've only heard bad things from my friends that have IUD's. They say that the spotting is awful and that intercourse is painful. In one instance the tip of the guy's penis got cut and he started yelling, It bit me! I swear, true story.
    Anonymous

• I have An Iud Mirena and I love it the doctors will tell you that you will spot. I spotted very lightly for maybe 2 weeks I have not had a period since it was put in I don't have to deal with painfull cramps or rembering to take the pill.
    JaydenBelle

Answer by JaydenBelle at 12:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have had the same IUD since my son was born. He is almost eight. It was painful (lower bac) for several months. Now I am pretty much good to go. No spotting, I have always had short periods and they are still only 3-4 days. My one gripe with it is that I am fairly certain that I have had spontaneous abortions several times. You should read about it. They stop pregnancies not prevent them. So I really don't like that at all.
    benya121

Answer by benya121 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i have the mirena and have had for a yr now and love it. i no longer have a period and the dr. did say i would spot but i barley did.
    Marci_Faye

Answer by Marci_Faye at 3:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2008