Is it normal to feel fat at 15 weeks?

I feel huge, and when I look in the mirror my mid-section looks huge! Which is very frustrating considering that I have been watching EVERYTHING that I eat, and have even been sick with morning sickness everyday. Am I alone in this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You are never fat when you become pregnant. Never Look at yourself that way. You are carrying another human in your body. Eat what you want, eat what you crave. Theres a reason why you crave it. Watching what you eat, can deprive your little one of what it needs or wants! You crave a snickers! Girl go getcha one! or 2!!
    AustynsMomma07

Answer by AustynsMomma07 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• This is the only time in your life when you can feel GOOD about gaining weight! Don't overeat, but don't deny yourself the occasional awesome banana split or slice of cake. You may feel a little icky or bloated sometimes...but NEVER consider yourself fat. Like AustynsMomma said, you're carrying another human being inside you, enjoy it while you can!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• yeah. i gained weight right away everywhere. then it stopped around month 5 and i just gained in my belly. it is just your body evening out the weight. i was very conscious about what i ate as well. keep that up, its good for you and the baby!
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 9:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• if u are a slim woman then this is normal for u to be "showing" and as for watchign enerythign u eat DONT eat healthy and eat often if u diet during pregnancy u can cause vitatimn problems and that can lead to birth defects (not bashing just informing) u are not fat at all but u will have lots of days that u retain water and u will feal lke a blimp i had laot of those and it sucks cause u can feal the water but noone else can see it so they dont understand u look fine im sure just rember pregnancy is the rough but u get a cute little bundle of love at the end
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 9:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I'm 15 weeks and my hips are big my thighs are nice and full and I feel sexier now than before i got knocked up! (I have very low self esteem) I will admit since I don't "look" pregnant quite yet I feel I just have this gut, but it's not just a gut its my baby's home. You are beautiful trust me!!!!! I try to eat healthy things because I'm constantly eating and I don't work out or work at a job, lol. But i crave wendys frosty's all the time and trust me if i wnat one i get a big one! Pregnancy should be happy for you don't put unneeded stress on yourself. Your supposed to gain weight.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Thanks Ladies!
    Just to clear things up by saying I am watching everything I eat, it means Im not chowing down on junk.
    Anonymous

• Hey, I totally think it's normal to feel fat!! I eat very very well. I haven't gained any weight, but visible look different. I told my husband people probably think I've been eating too many donuts. Yes, it is normal. You're going to have this feeling for a bit longer too. In fact, I'm sure tons of pregnant women hit the "fat phase". I'm 15 weeks as well, so we'll be fat together!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i was the same way and i thought i was huge. i talked to some and they let me know that around that time you bloat. kinda like when you are on your period. it goes down soon and it will actually be the baby showing. dont worry about it.
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 11:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i kow that feeling!... im a tiny girl only about 100l;bs soakin wet... and i feel huge! just because my pant fit without a belt and everytime i sit ihave to unbutton them.

besides im starting to show this early! my last one i didnt til i was 4 months! i feel like inno time i'll be in large maternity clothes!!!
    kahmommy

Answer by kahmommy at 10:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i'm 14 weeks right now, and I've gained ten lbs. so far....I can totally relate, I feel huge! But we're not, we're that way for a very important reason! So thats what I tell myself.....i can still wear my clothes, so I might freak out more when nothing fits...for now...trust me, WE'RE GOOD!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 7:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2008