Diet Pills

Has anyone tryed Diet Pills that work, I want to try something but I dont know what to buy.

phoenixjuelz

Asked by phoenixjuelz at 6:01 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Just be careful......
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:03 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Bad experience?
    phoenixjuelz

Comment by phoenixjuelz (original poster) at 6:05 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I did Alli 2 years ago and it worked great. I had to limit my fat intake or I would have explosive bowel movements so I did stick to the diet. I lost about 60 pounds on it over 6 months. However, while I lost weight while on it, once I stopped taking it I kinda went crazy with eating fat since I had deprived myself for so long and I gained about 30 pounds back over the year or so. So if you can control yourself after stopping it or if you don't go off of it then it will probably work. I think once I stop breastfeeding, I may do it again. I feel that it is a great jump-start for weight loss.
    bbchic

Answer by bbchic at 6:35 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• green tea are alright and so is hydroxycut. just don't drink anything with caffiene in it while taking them they will make you speed.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes; some are actually dangerous. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 1:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i wouldnt take anything but i vitamin. A few years ago i took xenadrine...i actually became addicted to the weight loss and ended up with exercise induced bulimia as well as feeling like my heart was going to beat out of my chest.since then i have tried doing it the healthy way and it makes healthy weight loss almost impossible because it can mess your metabolism up so badly it will almost bottom out. Your best bet is to eat well and try to get moving. Even just walking/light jog a few days a week, some push ups and sit ups will help. something is better than nothing, ya know? I know as moms its hard to really get into it but where theres a will theres a way..at least i tell myself that
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I have tried one of the womens diet pills that contained a lot of caffeine. I could never get up to the full dose as my heart would start pounding.

I agree that healthy eating, exercise and drinking lots of water are the best options.

I know I still needed something to help me get things moving as I was stuck with the last few pounds from having the kids.
    I am also limited in my exercise options due to health issues.

I am now taking a supplement that is more for energy than diet. It has a reasonable amount of caffeine so I don't get the jitters. The added bonus is I don't crave sugar 24 hours a day. I have lost 8lbs (I don't need to lose anymore) and kept it off.

When I heard about Alli and what it does there is no way I would take it. In stopping fat absorption it is also inhibiting nutrient absorption. If you have auto-immune diseases or bone density issues I would definately avoid.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Be careful. I take Juice Plus, it helped me lose 19 lbs and I actually crave fruits and veggies so I'm eating healthier and I have more energy
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 12:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• if you were going to spend that much money, so get a good QUALITY time released vitamin.
    GNC just came out with a women's ultra mega energy and metabolism multivitamin.
    the "active vitapak" is great too.
    it gives you the women's ultra mega active vitamin, CLA, calcium, ginseng for energy and l-carnitine.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2010