New to this site what does it mean to "bump" Also the codes ex. DD or SO... etc.

josephsgirl86

Asked by josephsgirl86 at 7:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Internet Abbreviations Compilation - CafeMom

A bump can be used in lots of ways. In group posts it moves posts to the top of the forum since you see the posts listed by most recent activity. That can be as has been said because the person doesn't have an answer but want to help get one, it could also be a show of support for a post or it could be used to check back later on a fast moving thread as it will now show up in your MY replies link under the groups tab or in the blue group info box to the right.

In this section, on the main answers page the questions can be sorted by latest questions, or by the amount of bumps a questions has received.  Plus in this section you can get points for a bumped question.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• bump sends the question to the top of the line so-to-speak.
    dd - darling daughter, ds - darling son, dh - darling husband (although some women say dumb husband, lol just kidding)
    so - significant other
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 7:20 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Oh thanks I was just getting lost trying to figure out this site! I love it so far though : )
    josephsgirl86

Comment by josephsgirl86 (original poster) at 7:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Thanks for asking this question!! I just signed up a few hours ago and was wondering the EXACT SAME THING!! :)

So happy I scrolled over this question!

Josephsgirl86, I love this site so far, too! :)
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• A bump means someone didn't know how to answer your question so they send it to the top of the pile in the hopes someone else can get you an answer.

There's a long list of abbreviations in the newcombers club and also, I believe, in the FAQs.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Sorry about the typos. Spell check doesn't catch grammar issues (grr!)
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Thanks for the link! That list was very long. I'm not sure i can remember all that! lol! I think its just easier to type out the whole word! haha!

josephsgirl86

Comment by josephsgirl86 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2010