Any tips on how to get pregnant when you have PCOS?

I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and was wondering if anyone else who has it has any tips on conceiving? My doctor prescribed Metformin but the side effects (nausea, vomiting, lethargy) are almost unbearable. Anyone know of any alternatives?

KaitlinC87

Asked by KaitlinC87 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I suffered w/PCOS; I didn't really know it at the time when I was trying to conceive with my first - it took 3 years of trying (without the aid of any fertility treatments) before I got pregnant with him. By the time I conceived my daughter, I had been on a lo-carb diet for several years to treat my hyperinsulinemia (added benefit: I lost 50 pounds without trying) and this was the greatest factor in helping me with the PCOS; I conceived within 3 months of trying. Check out www.earthclinic.com (type in "PCOS" in the search box) or click on the link below ... maybe something there will help. Good luck.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Remedies
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Sorry, couldn't get the link to post properly ... try typing the following into your web browser:

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/polycystic_ovary_syndrome.html
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:35 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Thank you i found it and i will try their natural remedies!
    KaitlinC87

Comment by KaitlinC87 (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I had that and my doc put me on birth control pills for about 9 months then I stopped taking them. That threw my ovulation into "overdrive" he said and I conceived about 2 months later. Maybe something to try.
    danyelle_123

Answer by danyelle_123 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I was on birth control for the past 5 years and just stopped last month so hopefully that will happen :)
    KaitlinC87

Comment by KaitlinC87 (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I wish you luck. Try fertilityfriend.com. or soulcysters.com I have been trying w/PCOS for 9 years!!
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 3:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My friend was diagnosed with PCOS she was devastated about it, they gave her meds to help with it they made her very sick and she just put the thought of pregnancy behind her..and then she conceived she is now 10 weeks along. Do not give up hope maybe relaxing helps IDK. Just my personal story :)
    Okigurl

Answer by Okigurl at 5:03 AM on Aug. 4, 2010